Go To...

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Anoop Desai: Next American Idol?

After rendering heartfelt renditions of "Always on my Mind" and "Everything I Do", why does Anoop Desai, 22, still appears to be standing at the lowest (almost) position among the seven remaining contestants? Here's my theory: This is the perception of the people because of the judges' comments. Sure, people who vote have their own minds and different preferences but sometimes it is undeniable that people, sometimes, can't decide whether the performance given was good or not. Then that is when the judges' influence kick in.


I believe that he was not given enough credit for his genre bending performances. One example is when he did "True Colors". He managed to turn a poppish ballad into RnB. Listen to Anoop Desai's version and Cyndi Lauper's version. See the difference? Quite obvious, right? How about Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do (I Do It For You)? Listen to Anoop's version. Compare.


I am aware though that there are a few not-so-good performance. But they do not seem as bad as the judges want America (and the international audience, too) to perceive it to be.


I don't know if there are any evil intentions behind their torturing of Anoop. But one thing is for sure... He is treated poorly. He does not get the media buzz unlike others. Good thing, his fans are working hard for him.


Totally random post. Just want to share my opinions about this matter.